Discover the wonder of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (or STEAM) through hands-on play at National Children’s Museum! The Museum’s interactive exhibits and programs introduce STEAM concepts through playful moments of delight and challenge innovators ages 0 to 12 to dream of new possibilities.
Let your little learner’s imagination run wild throughout 20,000 square feet of exhibits:
- Climb into the clouds in the three-story climber and slide, the Dream Machine. Young explorers will test their balance, strength, and agility as they physically engage with this one-of-a-kind structure.
- Explore how material science and natural phenomena concepts impact the sports games you love in Engineering Games + Play.
- Become a part of dynamic graphs by using your body to interact with challenges and questions in Data Science Alley. Visualize data by stepping through reactive gateways, sending pom-poms through tubes, and racing against the clock to test reaction time.
- And don’t miss the traveling exhibits in the Visiting Exhibit Hall. From May 27, 2023, through September 4, 2023, experience the STEM-related adventures of Curious George in Curious George™: Let’s Get Curious! From September 16, 2023, through January 1, 2024, celebrate early connections in a whimsical forest full of human and animal families in the bilingual exhibit AlegreMENTE/Happy Brain: Celebrating Early Connections.
Hands-on programs, including pop-up learning stations, family programs, and tinkering activities, complement the exhibits. Weekly early learner programs on offer include STEAM Story Time (Thursdays at 10:30 am) and Baby Jam (Fridays at 10:30 am).
- Birthday parties: Celebrate your little Dreamer’s big day with hands-on play! Choose from two birthday party packages and make your child’s dream come true. Birthday parties are offered on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Girl Scouts: Girl Scouts receive a 10% discount on general admission when they book.